Thursday, February 12th is our Pre-K Valentine’s Day party. We will begin our celebration at 1:45. Please note the following:
- All children are invited to stay for the full day
- Party is at 1:45 – pick up normal routine (with ½ day kids included in the 2:30 pick-up)
- Please do NOT specifically address Valentine’s to individual children. Instead, please simply have your child write their own name on each card.
- The children will be making boxes in class to hold their Valentines. No box or other container is needed from home.
Here is a peek at our fun-filled Valentine’s Day party thrown by our amazing room parents. The children enjoyed it immensely, though they did seem a bit tired the next day!
In the past few days, the excitement has been growing for Valentine’s day! Our students have decorated bags to house their valentines and goodies, made various valentines for friends and family members, and created elaborate decorations for our room. All the while the students have been engaging in discussions about the people that they love and how they can show their friends that they care. They decided that it was important to show every person that they are loved.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Tuesday February 14th is the Pre-K Valentine’s Day party at school at 1pm. Please note the following:
- All kids are invited to stay for the full day
- Party is at 1pm – pick up normal routine (with ½ day kids included in the 2:30 pick-up)
- Please do NOT specifically address valentine’s to kids (just sign the valentine but have blank envelopes to make passing out much easier)
- The children have already made bags to hold their Valentines. No box or other container is needed from home.
Brandie, Mary, & Nicole
Our Valentine’s Day party yesterday was a big hit! A special thanks goes out to our Room Parents for organizing and preparing this event. The children were geared up to pass out their valentine cards as soon as they arrived in the morning. We had a few finishing touches we needed to attend to first.
A couple of students still needed to make their valentines bags.
Some of the children were completing their family gifts.
A few were finishing their “Who Do You Love?” books.
Many were trying their hand at sewing for the very first time.
Then finally, at rest, the children were able to take turns placing valentines in all of their friends bags. Each child read the names by themselves and found the correct bag to place the card in.
Rest time was followed by the much-anticipated PARTY!!! The children ate yummy strawberries and cute turkey and cheese sandwiches shaped like hearts. They also played with an amazing puzzle book made by the Room Parents. Every child was given one of these books to bring home. If you haven’t yet played with it yourself, make some time tonight to look at it with your child.
Next Monday at 2:00 we will host our annual Valentine’s Day Celebration. Our room parents have some super-secret plans up their sleeves, so I know it will be an interesting afternoon! We will be making Valentine’s bags in class, so you do not need to provide a box or other container. I will send home a list with the children’s names this week so your child can write them on their valentines.