Finding this bone in the woods has led to much wonder and curiosity. Whose bone is it? Why was it in our woods? This week, we wanted to know why we even have bones.
HuM: Because when you don’t stand up, you don’t have any more bones.
SR: They’re a part of your body.
BW: Because we don’t wanna fall down.
KH: They help us not die and keep us standing.
IP: Help us not be broken.
EH: If we don’t have bones, it’s going to be tough to move.
MB: We’re humans. We need bones to be alive and maybe we’ll be a little bit alive.
MH: Bones are just a decoration.
GK: If we don’t have bones, we would not live anymore. They help us cook our dinner and help us get our lunchbox.
XZ: They help us be strong.
HeM: Not breaking.
MS: Make us feel hard.
AZ: They make us strong.
AH: To be strong and healthy. To grow!
We’ll have to take a closer look to find out more!
Our latest foray into the realm of research takes us on a journey into ourselves. We noticed lots of discussions surrounding lungs, breathing and hearts recently and decided to find out what our children already know about their miraculous machines.
“What do you know about the human body?”
- Your eyelashes can blink. -CS
- Heart pumps the blood.- AH
- Lungs help you breath.- RF
- Sometimes blood comes out of your body.-MH
- Blood can come out of your finger.-KV
- Your brain helps you think.-AG
- Sometimes when you get hurt blood comes out and sometimes blood stays in.-KH
- The heart beats.-NP
- You can think with your brain.-LZ
- The human body has legs and bones.-WS
- Your food goes in the human body.-SS
- Your trachea is made of rings and your esophagus pumps food into your belly in 3 seconds.-ZW
- Blood goes through your veins and drops off oxygen, but sometimes it’s not working and you have to go to the doctor’s.-LW